Monday, December 12, 2011

Shelby and Lily Coleman

Shelby's daughter Lily is 11. They live in Pasadena.



"The little girl is Lily and the big dog is Rosie, the chocolate Lab, the little dog is Lulu the miniature dachshund."

Shelby wrote:

Lily and I have been un schooling together since she was 5 years old. I read an article about it in Mothering Magazine and decided that it was for us. I pulled all of the applications we had out to schools in Manhattan and never looked back. It wasn't until this summer that I found out there was a community out there of Radical Un Schoolers who shared my life philosophy. We attended the Northeast Conference near Boston in August. Wow! We were both blown away with the experience and it gave us such a lift to be in and around "our tribe". No one could believe I had never heard of Sandra Dodd. I guess I have had my head in the sand or something! I bought the book, and bought 5 more to share with friends and family. Couldn't have said any of it any better.

We live in Pasadena, CA during the winter months and summer on Long Island in New York.

Lily is passionate about animals. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. We un school along side my sister and her two young boys. The current rage among them is Minecraft. We are so excited to meet everyone in New Mexico. Lily asks me to tell everyone she is a little shy but give her a chance and she will talk your ear off.

I left school in the 8th grade and that was the best decision I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment